Sleep quality is just as important as getting enough rest. Nobody can live without sleeping, and sleep alterations can have serious consequences for our health.
The polysomnography, also called a sleep study, is a test performed to diagnose sleep disorders, such as:
This refers to uncontrollable sleep and tiredness occurring during the day, making it difficult for the person to perform their daily functions and impacting their quality of life. Sleep disorders such as insomnia, difficulty getting to sleep and remaining asleep, fragmented sleep or early waking.
It presents as a pressing need to move your legs at night, making it difficult to get a good night’s sleep. Sensation of burning and/or discomfort.
Abnormal phenomena that occur while we are asleep: sleep terrors, sleepwalking, bruxism, behavioural disorders during the night.
A polysomnography records the brainwaves, blood oxygen levels, heart and respiratory rate, as well as eye and leg movements during the study. It monitors sleep stages and cycles in order to identify possible interruptions in the sleep pattern, and when and why.
Besides helping with the diagnosis, a polysomnography can be used to adjust your treatment plan if you already have a diagnosed sleep disorder like the ones mentioned above.
Home-based polysomnographies use a limited number of sensors to focus mainly on the diagnosis of respiratory problems.
The Centre will give the patient the equipment that is all set to record, and the test is performed while they sleep in their own bed. The following day, the patient will return the equipment to the Centre.
Our team’s neurophysiologist assesses the data obtained in the device and produces a diagnostic report that is delivered to the patient within one week.
EXCLUSIVE PRICE BUY ONLINE
€310 €200You save €110
To order appointment
To perform any query
What does it include?
- Delivery of equipment with instructions for use
- Reception of the equipment following the test
- Detailed report of the outcome and neurophysiological assessment (delivery in 7 days)
- An appointment with the specialist for follow-up of the outcome
- Other complementary tests
- Purchasing this service guarantees the quality care of the Centro Médico Vila Olímpica.
- Once you have purchased the service, no further payment will be necessary.
- You will receive an email with all the details of the reservation and you can make an appointment either by calling the centre.
- You are advised to make an appointment as soon as possible in order to get the most convenient date.
- If the specialist ultimately considers that the treatment is not convenient for you, the amount will be refunded to you, except for the doctor’s appointment fee. The refund will be made by means of a transfer to the account number and beneficiary indicated by you.
- If you wish to cancel the service, you will receive a refund of the amount you paid minus 2% by way of expenses if you cancel up to 24 hours before the appointment. You should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reasons for cancelling, the bank account number for payment and the account holder’s name. If the cancellation is requested on the day of the appointment, 10% of the amount you paid will be deducted by way of expenses.
- If for reasons of force majeure the Centro Médico Vila Olímpica cannot offer you the service on the day of your appointment, you will be offered a change of date or a full refund of any amount you paid up front.
- Payment will be made by means of credit/debit card online through the Banco Santander.
- Remember that you have 2 months to use the service.
Respiratory polysomnography. If you have any enquiries, please do not hesitate to call us on 93 225 19 48. You can also contact us by email at: email@example.com. Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 8:30 pm. We will reply as soon as possible.