The angiologist is the specialist physician and surgeon who deals with the circulatory apparatus (veins, arteries) and the lymphatic system. Any type of existing vascular condition will be studied and treated by the angiologist.
We should see an angiologist when we notice changes in our circulatory system, such as the appearance of varicose veins, oedemas, cramp, lesions or injuries to the extremities (particularly the feet), etc. These problems vary, depending on patient age and also on dietary habits and smoking. Even hereditary factors can have an influence on poor blood circulation.
Varicose veins are the most commonly treated condition. They normally occur in the legs.
Once they have appeared, the angiologist will help to relieve the symptoms and avert future complications or, as the case may be, treat and eliminate them.
We should also see an angiologist in the following cases:
- Pulmonary and cerebral embolism
- Vascular sclerosis
- Deep vein thrombosis
We may present symptoms that suggest that our circulatory system has problems at any age: numbness of the extremities, swollen or cold hands, varicose veins…
The Doppler ultrasound is fundamental for diagnosing, analysing and determining the existence of any problem in the venous or arterial circulatory system.
The Doppler ultrasound makes it possible to obtain images of the presence of blood in the vessels and the velocity, volume and direction of the circulatory flow.
Multiple circulatory diseases can be studied with Doppler ultrasound:
- Supra-aortic trunk study (the blood vessels above the heart and the carotid arteries)
- Arterial disorders in the extremities
It is an exploration used to evaluate arterial and venous lesions and clots and to analyse arterial and venous blood flow.
No preparation is required and it involves no type of pain or discomfort.
Being a non-invasive technique, it has no contraindications or side effects. After it has been performed, the patient can go home immediately and resume their normal life.
It lasts between 15 and 20 minutes, depending on the areas to be explored.
What does it include?
- An appointment with the angiologist
- Clinical history
- Doppler ultrasound of the lower extremities
- Other complementary tests
- Purchasing this service guarantees the quality care of the Centro Médico Vila Olímpica.
- Once you have purchased the service, no further payment will be necessary.
- You will receive an email with all the details of the reservation and you can make an appointment either by calling the centre.
- You are advised to make an appointment as soon as possible in order to get the most convenient date.
- If the specialist ultimately considers that the treatment is not convenient for you, the amount will be refunded to you, except for the doctor’s appointment fee. The refund will be made by means of a transfer to the account number and beneficiary indicated by you.
- If you wish to cancel the service, you will receive a refund of the amount you paid minus 2% by way of expenses if you cancel up to 24 hours before the appointment. You should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reasons for cancelling, the bank account number for payment and the account holder’s name. If the cancellation is requested on the day of the appointment, 10% of the amount you paid will be deducted by way of expenses.
- If for reasons of force majeure the Centro Médico Vila Olímpica cannot offer you the service on the day of your appointment, you will be offered a change of date or a full refund of any amount you paid up front.
- Payment will be made by means of credit/debit card online through the Banco Santander.
- Remember that you have 2 months to use the service.