Annual gynaecological examinations are essential to the prevention of gynaecological conditions. And even more so for women of child-bearing age who have regular sexual relations.
A gynaecological examination is a set of tests performed by the gynaecologist to determine the state of health of the female reproductive system. It consists of:
- A visual examination and a cervical cytology: the doctor examines the vulva, vagina and cervix with the help of a speculum. He or she then takes samples from the cervix (cervical cytology) for analysis by an Anatomical Pathology laboratory.
- Ultrasound: the gynaecologist observes the female internal genital organs in real time with the help of abdominal or vaginal ultrasound.
- Bimanual palpation: the gynaecologist checks the size and mobility of the uterus and the ovaries.
- Breast examination and mammography: by palpating the breast, the gynaecologist can detect possible lumps or nodes that could evolve into breast cancer.
There is no set age for seeing a gynaecologist, although it is advisable to do so once you begin to have sexual intercourse or if the female genitalia present any type of symptoms.
An annual examination is recommended, since this is the time established for preventing lesions and avoiding risks. Nevertheless, this period of time may vary depending on the age of the woman and her needs.
A gynaecological examination is indicated for preventing any alteration that could affect our patients’ health, from the less serious issues such as cysts to cancerous masses such as breast or uterine (womb) cancer or infections.
It is a comprehensive examination of the reproductive organs to rule out any kind of problem, and is comprised of 2 different parts:
- An examination of the external genitalia.
- An inspection of the inside of the vagina.
EXCLUSIVE PRICE BUY ONLINE
€150 €100 You save €50
To order appointment
To perform any query
What does it include?
- An appointment with the Gynaecologist.
- A breast examination to rule out lumps that would require further study.
- A transvaginal ultrasound to make sure that the uterus and ovaries are normal.
- Cervicovaginal cytology for the detection of cervical cancer and anatomopathological analysis of the samples.
- An appointment to discuss the anatomopathological results of the cytology.
- Purchasing this service guarantees the quality care of the Centro Médico Vila Olímpica.
- Once you have purchased the service, no further payment will be necessary.
- You will receive an email with all the details of the reservation and you can make an appointment either by calling the centre.
- You are advised to make an appointment as soon as possible in order to get the most convenient date.
- If the specialist ultimately considers that the treatment is not convenient for you, the amount will be refunded to you, except for the doctor’s appointment fee. The refund will be made by means of a transfer to the account number and beneficiary indicated by you.
- If you wish to cancel the service, you will receive a refund of the amount you paid minus 2% by way of expenses if you cancel up to 24 hours before the appointment. You should send an email to email@example.com stating the reasons for cancelling, the bank account number for payment and the account holder’s name. If the cancellation is requested on the day of the appointment, 10% of the amount you paid will be deducted by way of expenses.
- If for reasons of force majeure the Centro Médico Vila Olímpica cannot offer you the service on the day of your appointment, you will be offered a change of date or a full refund of any amount you paid up front.
- Payment will be made by means of credit/debit card online through the Banco Santander.
- Remember that you have 2 months to use the service.
Gynaecological examination. If you have any enquiries, please do not hesitate to call us on 93 225 19 48. You can also contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 8:30 pm. We will reply as soon as possible.